Who We Are
The staff includes an executive director, three housing counselors, and one administrative support employee. An accountant is on contract providing services on a part-time basis, and the Full Employee Council provides two administrative clerks at no charge to HIC.
All housing counselors are trained to work with clients to address a wide range of housing needs. Our counselor works hard to understand each client’s needs and to serve as an advocate in helping address the person or family’s housing challenges.
Counselors are responsible to:
- Maintain client’s files and ensure confidentiality of information
- Interview clients to determine eligibility for services
- Maintain familiarity with community resources and housing options that will best assist their clients
- Assist in preparing monthly reports of services
- Maintain client contact as needed